We welcome members, non-members, students and educators
The Colorado chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC Colorado) is the Rocky Mountain region’s leading organization dedicated to helping advance the careers of communication professionals. Our members work in diverse roles, including employee communications, public relations, marketing communications, media relations, community relations and many other disciplines. Read About Us.
IABC Colorado hosts events designed to help members and not-yet-members engage, explore and excel. This includes monthly Lunch & Learn seminars on the third Tuesday of the month (except July and December). The seminars are held in conjunction with our chapter sponsor, The University of Denver’s University College. Speakers discuss topics aimed to enhance our strategic, tactical and personal communications skills. We also host four free networking events throughout the year, including an evening event in July, two breakfast events and our annual Holiday Happy Hour in December. Read more about Upcoming Events.
IABC membership has many advantages to help you grow in your networks and career with professional opportunities around the world.
To contribute to the success of our members by creating connections to people, professional development and career advancement opportunities.
Engage, Explore, Excel – We represent the global profession. As the only global communication association, we strive to advocate for the profession, represent best practices, define the global standard and live by a code of ethics.
We create connection. We foster community, build special relationships and learn from each other.
– We are an inclusive community of strategic communications practitioners across multiple disciplines.
– We are a friendly, welcoming community focused on making connections, networking and having fun.
– We put people first on our priority list.
We are a diverse community. We welcome diverse communication professionals of all levels and practices.
– We provide access (local, national, international) to knowledge, information and industry expertise.
– We offer local educational programs and learning opportunities to help advance personal and professional knowledge and interests.
– We applaud innovation and creativity.
We focus on insights and results. We position communication as a strategic function that has impact on return-on-investment and demonstrate the business value of communication.
– Our members are advocates of our profession and represent a wealth of wisdom and communications excellence.
– Our programs provide practical application to your professional (and/or personal) life.
– We offer unique learning and development programs that may not be available at your place of work.
No More One Night Stands ...
- Presenter Karen Susman will show you how to build your network and stay in touch.
- We'll discuss why networking is vital and how to get results from every networking opportunity.
- We'll explore the seven ways to start, continue and end conversations and the role of social media in networking.
February 16, 2016
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
University Hall - University of Denver, Room 306
2199 S University Blvd
Denver, CO 80210